Aims and Objectives
The British Home exists to care for people with severe disabilities and long term medical conditions. Our aim is not only to meet the requirements of our residents but to exceed their expectations.
Our objective is to provide care to all residents to a standard of excellence which embraces fundamental principles of good care practice and that this may be witnessed and evaluated through practice, conduct and control of quality care in the Home.
All residents will be treated with respect and sensitivity to their individual needs and abilities. Staff will be responsive to the individual needs of residents and will provide the appropriate degree of care to ensure the highest possible quality of life within the Home.
To meet our resident’s needs the care service within the Home is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the resident’s overall quality of life. The care service is designed to meet CQC / other accredited quality standards in a people oriented fashion.
- To ensure that the care service delivered is flexible, attentive and nondiscriminatory respecting resident’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment and the right to make informed choices and to take risks.
- To ensure that every resident’s needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disabilities or impairments.
- To ensure that the care service is delivered in accordance with agreed contracts of care.
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development that enables residents' care needs to be met.
- To manage the care service efficiently and effectively to make the best use of resources and to maximise value for money.
- To ensure all residents receive written information on the Home’s procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments and how to use it.