British Home Logo

For people living with neuro-disability

Comments and Complaints

At British Home, we strive for the highest standards in care for our residents, their families and carers. However, we know there are times when we don’t always get it right. In these cases, we encourage anyone with a comment or complaint to let us know so that we can respond appropriately.

In the first instance, if possible, please speak directly to the member of staff concerned or to their immediate manager. In many cases this will ensure that issues can be dealt with promptly and to the benefit of everyone concerned.

If this is not appropriate, or the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, then you can provide details of your comment or complaint via this website using the Contact Us form (choosing the Comment/Complaint option) or by completing a form available from Reception. We will then look into the matter and respond appropriately. This may include inviting you to a meeting to discuss any issues further. You will receive a formal response.

For matters where you feel this response is not satisfactory then you should write directly to Paul Perkin, Chief Executive. This should be done via letter (handed in at Reception, or sent via post to British Home, Crown Lane, London SW16 3JB) or email to Where possible, you should be clear on what aspects of the response you feel need addressing. The Chief Executive will then appoint an impartial person – possibly a trustee or an external individual with knowledge of our area of work – to look into the complaint and respond. You will receive a response when this has been completed.

If, after these two formal enquiries, you feel there are still issues outstanding or the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can write directly to an external authority such as your local council or the Social Care Ombudsman. The exact organisation will vary depending on how the resident’s place at British Home is funded.